Commissioner of Revenue
• Restaurantschoi game cau ca may defer the payment of their February meals tax collection, ordinarily due on March 31, for one month with no penalty.
• Hotels may defer the payment of their February occupancy and room night taxes, ordinarily due on March 31. For one month with no penalty.
• In addition to these measures, Governor Ralph Northam has issued an order that allows businesses impacted by COVID-19 to request to defer the payment of state sales tax due today (March 20) for 30 days. When granted, businesses will be able to file no later than April 20 with a waiver of any penalties.
- Ensuring that all tangible business and individual personal property is fairly assessed for tax purposes in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Administering the City of Danville Business License on all businesses operating within the City in accordance with the City and State Codes
- Providing full-service Virginia State Income processing
- Administering the local meals, short-term rental, and lodging taxes
- How do I know if I need a Danville City Business License?
- How do I get a Danville City Business License?
- What are the rules for food trucks in Danville?
- What is the rate for Meals Tax?
- What is Meals Tax?
- What is the rate for the Transient Lodging Tax?
- Are there any foods or drinks exempted from Meals Tax?
- What is the rate for the Short-Term Rental Tax?
- What to do if you purchase a new or used vehicle.
- What to do if you dispose of a vehicle.
- How can I check on my Virginia State Tax Refund?
- Do I need to file a Virginia State Income Tax Return?
- Where do I get Virginia State Income Tax Forms?
- What to do if you move in or out of the City of Danville for Personal Property.
- Where do I mail Tax returns?