choi game cau caThe Yard Waste Section of the Sanitation Division is responsible for collecting yard waste debris from 17,000 homes per week. The city is divided into five collection zones. Each zone represents a day of the week and is divided into four routes. 7,500 tons of yard waste is collected and disposed of at the compost facility annually.
choi game cau caYard waste consists of:
- Plant clippings
- Tree branches
- Grass clippings
- Other discarded material from yards and gardens that can be composted
Yard Waste Collection:
- Yard waste is collected once a week on the same day refuse is collected
- Yard waste should be placed behind the curb line or at the property line the evening before collection
- All yard waste (except during leaf vacuuming season) must be bagged, boxed, or bundled
- Yard waste must not be longer than four feet, larger than 2 1/2 cubic yards (4 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet), exceed 12 inches in diameter, nor weigh more than 50 pounds per bag, box or bundle
- Do not mix yard waste with other debris or garbage
- Tree stumps and rootballs are not collected, nor does the City service landscapers, tree removal contractors, and/or lot clearing
- City residents may dump yard waste at the compost facility
Yard Waste Collection Reminder!
All loose leaves, twigs, small yard waste, and grass clippings must be bagged or containerized for collection between January 31st and October 1st.